Saturday, October 24, 2009

Awaken

For the love of my Boys...
I found the strength to break out of the mold
That cozy, familiar pain of what always was...
When sweet, 5 year old Owen asked me one day, "Mommy, why do you cry all the time?"
I woke up.
I opened my eyes for the first time and began my journey out of the darkness.
Strength and clarity came in waves as I set out to create a world that could provide my children with a new path to duplicate.
A new tradition of peaceful, consistent, unconditional love was born. Together, in our new little apartment we had a happy home for the first time.

We set rules:
* We use our words (never our hands)
* Never say "Shut Up"
* Be respectful
*Treat others the way you would like to be treated
*Share how you feel
*Listen without interrupting
*Say your sorry from your heart
*Say I love you
*Look for ways to make each-other feel great

Day by day we felt better and soon we were having plain old Fun!
I get the pleasure of reading about their memories here and there. As school assignments arise, they write about those days and it's wonderful to see from their perspective the fun! Gratitude fills my heart as I realize, We did it, mission accomplished, a healthy home we have indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment